Image Source: Pexels
In the world of fitness, there are many different types of equipment for a variety of different exercises. It can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to working out at home, and many people don’t know which pieces of equipment are best for certain activities. The adjustable dumbbell set is one of the most versatile pieces of exercise equipment you can own. Not only are they great for working out your arms and shoulders in general, but you can also use them to target specific muscle groups like your biceps and triceps.
If you have never used a pair before, an adjustable dumbbell set might seem a little complicated at first glance. There are several different features that make each set unique, so it is important to understand exactly what you want when buying these accessories. Here we will explore some of the major considerations with regard to choosing an adjustable dumbbell set before diving into our list of the top picks.
There is buying guide after the list of the best adjustable dumbbell sets in India which will be going to help you choose the best one for you.
Top 5 Best Adjustable Dumbbell Set India 2022
List of Best Adjustable Dumbbell Set India 2022
- The lightning-fast adjustable dial mechanism lets you switch between 15 different weights from 5 lbs to 52 lbs.
- The compact design of the dumbbells makes them easy-to-store and use at anytime, anywhere at your home.
- Made from the highest quality materials that do not rust, last longer and are more durable than the average dumbbells.
- The ergonomic design with superior rubber grip and high-quality interlocking system makes the shifts very smooth and easy.; Can be used for a variety of exercises and adapts to your increasing fitness levels.
- Material Type: Plastic
- Long Lasting | Made from the highest quality materials that do not rust, last longer and are more durable than the average dumbbells. Designed in Germany and made from high grade materials
- Multi Weight Settings | 1 Flexnest Dumbbell is equivalent to 15 different dumbbells. The Flexnest Adjustable Dumbbell replaces multiple sets of weights & dumbells.
- Easy To Use | The product has easy-to-use selection dials for adjusting weights ranging from 2.5kg to 24kg. It can be used by Men and women both. 1 set for the entire family
- All In One | The lightning-fast adjustable dial mechanism lets you instantly switch between 15 different weights from 2.5 to 24 kgs in 1-1.5 kg increments.
- Package Content: 2 X Adjustable Dumbbell (Pair). The ergonomic design with superior rubber grip and high-quality interlocking system makes the shifts very smooth and easy.
- EASY-TWIST TECHNOLOGY | Just twist to choose your desired weight. An engineered marvel, designed to keep the dumbbell compact and efficient simultaneously.
- 6-WEIGHTS-IN-ONE | Curated to accommodate all the weights you might require during your workout from 2kg to 20kg. Twist to change : 2kg, 4kg, 8kg, 12kg, 16kg, 20kg
- COMPACT DESIGN | All your dumbbells, adjusted in one. Can fit in a corner, behind the table or under the sofa, wherever you wish.
- THE RIGHT PICK | An upgrade from regular adjustable dumbbells. The size of the dumbbells adapts to the weight chosen so that you pick what you want and no more.
- ONE HANDED DESIGN | Upgrading from traditional dials, twist the handle with one hand to select your weight on both ends of the dumbbell to reduce the effort.
- Reach (a GlobalBees brand)
- [HIGH QUALITY & ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY]: Reach Adjustable Dumbbells replace an entire rack of weights in a compact design that fits into the corner of any room. The exclusive design of these adjustment plates lets you simply adjust the weight by holding the handle. Simply, turn the pointer to the corresponding number to adjust. Lock-lock structured design can ensure the weight plate doesn’t fall off during exercise. Each dumbbell adjusts from 3 to 20 Kilograms.
- [FAST CHANGE WEIGHT IN JUST SECONDS]: One-handed operation design, convenient for changing dumbbells’ weight during training. Just turn the handle with one hand, REACH dumbbells can save your time of changing different weights with both hands, enjoy the faster adjustment and gain better training efficiency for maximum muscle hypertrophy.
- [GREAT VALUE & SOLID PERFORMANCE]: The metal plates are wrapped with high-strength plastic, which is durable, rust-proof, and has no noise. It has been strictly tested and inspected before being sold, to provide you with a quiet and safe exercise. Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next, making these dumbbells a go-to for professionals as well as beginners of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- [ONE IS BETTER THAN FIVE]: Only with 1-set of dumbbell space, you can have 5-sets of dumbbell training experience with 80% space-saving. Super easy to use and store as it eliminates the need for multiple big clumsy dumbbells cluttering your workout space.
- [WARRANTY AND SUPPORT SERVICE]: 1 Year of warranty and friendly customer service. Please Contact Our Customer Care at 89562 -12345 for any assistance. We are happy to serve you.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION -FITSY adjustable dumbbells set is made from premium quality PVC with cement grit that is ultra-durable, environmental friendly nontoxic material and is resistant to chipping, crackling, peeling and waterproof, rustproof. Threaded ends with star-lock collars provide a safe, secure workout & easy weight plate changes.
- 2-IN-1 – With FITSY Extension Rod you can use this adjustable dumble set even as barbell dumbbell set rod for weightlifting, shoulder press, bench press or as individual dumbbell set to do exercises such as bicep curls, chest flys, lunges, lateral raises etc.
- VARIOUS WEIGHT PLATES â€“ FITSY PVC Dumbells for men & women both. Dumbells combo set is adjustable, expandable and versatile. Durable weights plates are more compact, easier to assemble. Dumbel Set consist of Weight Plates, Spin Locks, Grip Handles and Extension Barbell Bar Rod -A Complete Dumbbells Kit by FITSY.
- COMFORT – Contoured handles with textured grip ensures maximum comfort during workout, the smooth ring of the weight plates makes loading & unloading onto the handles fast and easy. PVC coating helps to protect your floor if the dumbell set is dropped.;
- Material Type: Polyvinyl Chloride
- EXERCISING THE BODY – This workout set is sure to become an essential part of your routine for its weight variations and possible combinations. And itâ€s easy to set and no tools required. Suitable for home and gym use. Package Content Dumble set 20 kg.
What is an Adjustable Dumbbell Set?
A set of adjustable dumbbells allows you to vary the weight of each individual weight by simply adjusting a lever. This lets you easily alter the weight to suit your fitness level and your exercise goal.
Dumbbells are one of the oldest forms of weight training equipment, originating in ancient Greece. Traditionally, dumbbells are long rod with a metal weight attached to each end. As technology has advanced, however, dumbbells have become highly specialized. The most common form of adjustable dumbbells uses a system that allows for the easy increase or decrease of weight.
A few different methods are used for this, but the most common are a spring-loaded system, a magnetic system, and a lever system.
Things to Know Before Buying An Adjustable Dumbbell Set
When shopping for adjustable dumbbells, there are a few things to keep in mind before you make a purchase.
The first thing is to decide on the amount of weight you want to lift. Adjustable dumbbells can vary greatly in weight capacity, ranging anywhere from 5 pounds to 120 pounds per weight. For most exercises, you will be lifting between five and 50 pounds per hand, so you may need to purchase multiple sets.
The second thing to think about is the type of handle you prefer. Adjustable dumbbell sets come in a variety of different handle styles, letting you choose the best option for your specific workout needs. Some of the most common handle types are square, round, and triangular, with the square being the most versatile and preferred handle style among fitness experts.
Knowing your weight range
Before you begin looking at adjustable dumbbell sets, you should have an idea of what weight you want to train with. While adjustable dumbbell sets are a great investment for those who are serious about strength training, you should be aware that some low-end models aren’t very effective for serious lifting.
When shopping for adjustable dumbbells, you will see a wide range of weight capacities, with most sets ranging from 5 to 50 pounds per hand. For most exercises, you will lift 5 to 20 pounds per hand, so you will want to purchase a set in the middle of this range.
If you are interested in working out your entire body, a mid-range adjustable dumbbell set is a great option. If, on the other hand, you are looking to focus on specific muscle groups, you might want to consider a set that has the upper and lower weight limits that you need.
Grip and Handle
There are several different handle and grip styles to consider when buying adjustable dumbbells, each with its own set of advantages.
The first style is the classic round handle. This traditional design is great for general workouts and is the most commonly found in adjustable dumbbell sets. If you have large hands, you might find that the round handle is a little too small for you.
The next style is the triangular-shaped handle. This handle is meant to fit the hand better and prevent hand fatigue, particularly for those who have larger hands. The triangular handle is also great for exercises that require the use of both hands.
Square handles are the most versatile handle style, as they can be used by those with small hands and large hands alike. They are great for a variety of different exercises and are commonly found in high-end adjustable dumbbell sets.
Footprint and Stability During Use
One thing to pay attention to when shopping for adjustable dumbbells is how wide the footprint is. This is the distance between the two weights, and it is important to keep the width in mind when storing your adjustable dumbbells.
The wider the dumbbells are, the less room they will take up, but they may be less stable while in use. Adjustable dumbbells that have a smaller footprint are often more stable and easier to use. They may take up more room in your workout space, however, which is something to keep in mind when deciding which set to purchase.
Another thing to look for when shopping for adjustable dumbbells is how stable they feel when in use. The wider the dumbbells are, the less stable they will be. Ideally, you want to find a pair of adjustable dumbbells that have a small footprint and are still stable when lifting heavy weights.
Other Features to be Aware of
Whilst the above pointers apply to almost every adjustable dumbbell set, there are a few features that are unique to individual brands. You may want to consider the following factors when shopping for your adjustable dumbbell set.
Weight range – As mentioned above, this is a major consideration when shopping for adjustable dumbbells. You want to make sure that the set you choose has a weight range that is suitable for your fitness level.
Weight increments – You also want to make sure that the weight increments make sense and are appropriate for what you want to do with the set. For example, if you want to lift between 5 and 20 pounds per hand, you want to make sure the increments are 5 pounds.
Design – This may not seem like a big factor, but it is important to consider how the design of the adjustable dumbbells will fit into your workout space. Ideally, you want adjustable dumbbells that have a small footprint and are easy to store away when you aren’t using them.
When shopping for adjustable dumbbells, there are a few things you want to keep in mind. You should decide on the amount of weight you want to lift, think about the handle you prefer and have an idea of how wide the footprint of the adjustable dumbbells should be.
It is also important to consider things such as weight increments and design when shopping for adjustable dumbbells. With the right pair of adjustable dumbbells, you can complete a full-body workout from home without having to purchase a ton of different pieces of equipment.